Madroms Boards Forum Index Madroms Boards
Here you can talk about Sega Saturn & the related database found at http://madroms.free.fr

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SRP not working in XP x64 or Vista x64.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Madroms Boards Forum Index -> All about the Sega Saturn Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linlhutz

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: SRP not working in XP x64 or Vista x64. Reply with quote

Hi Madroms

Any time I try to read an Original Saturn CD or Virtual Drive Image using SRP 2.1a I keep getting the error:

"The inserted disc is not a Saturn CD. Please insert a Saturn CD and hit the Refresh button."

I assume this is because SRP isn't compatible with 64 bit OS's? Or is there a way to get it to read a disc properly? A driver I'm missing?

This program worked great under XP Pro 32bit, but I had to upgrade to Vista to get Quad-SLI working (ended up getting Vista Ultimate x64).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Madroms
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, this is a well known pb: SRP doesn't work on Vista, probably due to API call used in the program. I am afraid that I don't know how to make it to work. I looked on the net, tried, tested it with the help of a friend (as I don't have Vista to test it by myyself), and no clue, no success Crying or Very sad
I am very upset by this but I have no solution, unless someone with vista/vb.net/api call knowledge could help me on this, but I found noone for now. Crying or Very sad

My Homepage : The Saturn Tech Database & Saturn Region Patcher v2.1
klinsan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used infrarecorder to get an image to patch but i cant get it back to disc to play on emulator on my vist machine. been trying to get shining force 3 senerio 3 to play using english lang vs japanese.
linlhutz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to dust off this old post.

SRP v 3.0 Solid Freakin' Gold Edition running great in Vista 64.

Thanks so much, Madroms!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Madroms Boards Forum Index -> All about the Sega Saturn Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: